SOLVED

Can't create hyperlink in meeting pop-out chat window

Iron Contributor

In the chat window of the new pop-out meeting window, I can't create hyperlinks.  CTRL + K doesn't work & the hyperlink icon is missing.

no hyperlink.png

3 Replies

@Michael T. DePouw Spottedmahn 

It's working for me? Before you can use Ctrl + K you must click the "A" with brush icon.

1.jpg2.jpgFull steps are:

1. Click the "A" (with brush)

2. Click *hyperlink button (or Ctrl+K)

3. Enter URL info.

*Depending on the size of your window you may have to click the '...' and then the hyperlink button (or just drag the window to be bigger).

@Michael T. DePouw Spottedmahn 

Apologies, just realized you said "meeting pop-out". This is different than chat pop-out; but in testing on my tenant it is still working.

As with the chat pop-out, you must click the A+brush icon before you can do Ctrl+K.

Unlike Chat, no matter how big you make the window, you will not see the hyperlink button, and must press the '...' then 'Insert Link'.3.jpg4.jpg

best response confirmed by Michael T. DePouw Spottedmahn (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Jody Finch :waving_hand:

>Before you can use Ctrl + K you must click the "A" with the brush icon.

That's the problem there!  I've never had to do that before.  It doesn't behave that way in the channels.  It doesn't behave that way in chat.  And I'm 97% confident it didn't behave that way before the new pop-out meeting feature.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michael T. DePouw Spottedmahn (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Jody Finch :waving_hand:

>Before you can use Ctrl + K you must click the "A" with the brush icon.

That's the problem there!  I've never had to do that before.  It doesn't behave that way in the channels.  It doesn't behave that way in chat.  And I'm 97% confident it didn't behave that way before the new pop-out meeting feature.

View solution in original post