Can't create groups on Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi.  I am new to Teams but looking to use it to communicate with some of my clients, following their requests.  However, having downloaded the App (on top of having Office 365 Pro), it seems that Teams is not getting my contact email addresses from Outlook.  So, I cannot invite anyone to groups.  Have looked at the different forums and tried turning everything off and on again, but to no avail.  How do I solve this problem?  

5 Replies

@AndreB2090 I am fairly new to teams so hopefully understand what you are going through! Teams is sort of part of the Sharepoint system, which is a membership type system, whereas a outlook is customer facing. So they are separate entities. Have you tried exporting your contacts in to a cvs file and then copying and pasting their emails into Sharepoint site or Teams member list? That’s the only way I have found so far to bring guests in to Teams. 

@LCFChris No, I haven't tried either of these and it is an interesting perspective.  I will try these options when I can next stop.  Thanks.

Hi @AndreB2090 

If your Outlook and the Teams Account are using the same account the contacts will sync automatically. Provided you are using the Paid version of the Microsoft Teams. In case you are using the free version of Microsoft Teams you can go ahead and create a team and add complete email address of the users whom you want to add in a team and the user will be added and a notification will be sent to the user account.

With Regards,

Satish U

@RealTime_M365 Thanks for your response.  I have Office 365 Premium, so have paid versions of both.  Yet, they are not talking.

@RealTime_M365 Hi.  Tried it and failed.  Still cannot connect email contacts, even though I notice that it has taken all my phone contacts.