SOLVED

Can't Configure Azure DevOps Connector in Teams (HTTP ERROR 500)

Brass Contributor

We are trying to configure the "Azure DevOps" connector in a Teams channel. It has already been added to the channel, so I go to the channel, click the three dots, and click "Connectors."

JohnMotoMiner_0-1598465063966.png

Then, I click the "Configure" button next to "Azure DevOps":

JohnMotoMiner_1-1598465121714.png

That then opens a window that says, "To add this connector, sign in to your Azure DevOps account", so I click the "Log in" button.

That then browses the login window to a screen that looks like this:

authenticate.png

I click "Continue", and it takes me to a screen to login to my MS account, and I click on my MS account that is currently "Connected to Windows":

pick-an-account.png

After clicking the account, it redirects a few times and ends up showing "https://outlook.office.com" in the window header and nothing but a blank, white screen below:

white-screen.png

I've tried this process over and over again, and even had another coworker follow the same process, and none of us can get anything to appear in the window.

I went to the browser version of Teams and did the same process. There was one difference once I got to the blank, white screen bug, which was that the popup window showed a 500 error:

"This page isn’t working

outlook.office.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500"

500-error.png

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

40 Replies
The issue seems fixed by Microsoft team, now I can use Azure DevOps connectors

still having this issue .. unable to login.. i get all the way past the login but teams never gets past the login screen.

i also started to have issue, it was working last week until today when i try to configure the connector

I have the same issue - it was working until yesterday when I had to replace expired token. Then I wasn't able to configure the connector anymore.

Can anyone here point out the case id in order to make a reference when I raise a new support ticket?

@VanioVanio I have the same issue. Yesterday it was not possible anymore to change a connector due to an invalid token. How did you replace it?

It's also not possible to add a new connector. I get the sign in screen, fill in all information but nothing happens.

I'm having this exact issue but can use the Azure Pipelines BOT which at this point is a better approach to what I need.

See
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/integrations/microsoft-teams?view=azure-devo...

@JackWagon Exactly, I am also using the Azure Pipelines integration now. I have lost too much time with the DevOps integration...

Anyone having still issues?

Failed to acquire an access token.{"Error":"invalid_request","ErrorDescription":"Client secret is expired."}

@Babic122  et al,

I am in contact with MS support and they are looking into it. Will let you know how it develops.

For the time being I am using the Azure Repos and Azure Pipelines add-ons as a workaround.

From 29 October 2020 again, I can't access DevOps Connector, when i tried that time get an error message `Failed to acquire an access token.{"Error":"invalid_request","ErrorDescription":"Client secret is expired."}`, After that i logged out and tried to login again, then I can't login. still today.

The support ticket is "Resolved" but the issue is still present...hopeless...

I will keep using the workaround of Repos + Pipelines to replace the DevOps connector. So far these are working just fine.

I'm still getting the access token error. Anyone see any movement? Is this a not-so-subtle push for us to stop using the Azure DevOps Connector and move to the Boards and Pipeline bots, or something?

Just piping in to say me too. i would really like this fixed.

Failed to acquire an access token.{"Error":"invalid_request","ErrorDescription":"Client secret is expired."}
How are you using Azure Repos and Azure Pipelines add-ons as the workaround? Do you mind giving a me a quick pointer in the right direction, I'd love to have some working solution myself!
Cheers

@navil2225 Due to this issue I discovered the Azure Pipeline Bot for Teams.  I haven't even bothered with the broken connector since.

It takes like 5 minutes to set up the app for your Team/Channel and to subscribe to your Project/Repo.

This is great, many thanks!!!!

@JohnMM 
They're also actively answering in the dedicated Azure DevOps forum over here:
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/21/index.html

Regards : DevOps classes in pune

@JohnMM I had this problem and I merely clicked "add a new Azure DevOps account" under where you select your account, authenticated again...and it worked for me.  I think it just refreshes the token and kicks out a new one.

@scottroot2 , this may be fixed now but we've strictly using `bots` that I mentioned in this thread.

Also, I'd like to take this moment to plug my related feature request.  Please add a vote if you're using bots to manage your release pipeline in MS Teams!

@hafeez1042 

Seems to have same problem... is there any known steps for resolution? 

i am getting blank screen while trying TReam,s to Azure DevOps Connector