SOLVED

Can't add mConnect to a new tab in Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Myself and my colleague are unable to add a new tab using mConnect as the app within a Microsoft Teams channel. We both get similar errors shown in the attached screenshot

My colleague has also gone through the process of getting the app via this url link:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/wa200001504?tab=overview

The issue still occurs. Any advise and ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
I don't know this App particularly, but having just tried to add it to my own Teams environment it shows you need to be an M365 admin to install and configure this. Do you and you colleague have such permissions?

@PeterRising  I'm a Global Admin and got this message after trying to install mconnect.PNG

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
From the link in my earlier post

''Before you start
The mConnect app by Skooler (“the app”) connects to and fetches information from two platforms that need to be installed before you can start the setup process explained on this page.

These two platforms are:

Microsoft Office 365 with Teams
Moodle™ learning management system. Version 3.5 is required and version 3.8 is recommended to utilize all services offered by the app, such as fetching all groups in a specified course.
For the app to be able to access all the information it needs from both O365 and Moodle™, the proper access rights must be assigned to the app during the setup process. This can only be achieved if a Moodle™ user with admin rights and a O365 Azure AD user with Global Administrator (not regular admin) rights are taking part in the setup process.

If you don’t have these two users available, we recommend you postpone the setup process and continue when you do have both users available. Log out from all browser windows and applications using your personal Office 365 user before you log in as the Global Administrator.''
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
From the link in my earlier post

''Before you start
The mConnect app by Skooler (“the app”) connects to and fetches information from two platforms that need to be installed before you can start the setup process explained on this page.

These two platforms are:

Microsoft Office 365 with Teams
Moodle™ learning management system. Version 3.5 is required and version 3.8 is recommended to utilize all services offered by the app, such as fetching all groups in a specified course.
For the app to be able to access all the information it needs from both O365 and Moodle™, the proper access rights must be assigned to the app during the setup process. This can only be achieved if a Moodle™ user with admin rights and a O365 Azure AD user with Global Administrator (not regular admin) rights are taking part in the setup process.

If you don’t have these two users available, we recommend you postpone the setup process and continue when you do have both users available. Log out from all browser windows and applications using your personal Office 365 user before you log in as the Global Administrator.''

View solution in original post