SOLVED

can not chat with external user

Copper Contributor

HI 

I have two account , one is office365 home ,one is office365 e3.

In office 365 home , my email is aaa.test@gmail.com,  and I use my cell phone to login it  . 

In office 365 E3 ,my email is company.self@testcompany.com.tw  , and I use my company laptop to login it .

My problem is ......  company.self@testcompany.com.tw  and  aaa.test@gmail.com  can not chat each other .

So which config should I to confirm ????

Please help me to solve it ,thank you very much .

4 Replies
best response confirmed by JACK_LAI_1117 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Free/Home Microsoft Teams tenants cannot chat with Enterprise / M365 Teams users currently. The only way you can chat outside those systems is consumer Skype, which I still haven't seen personally work, but anyway, this currently is not a supported scenario.

@Chris Webb 

My vendor's email account is "vendor@gmail.com" , so how can I let my vendor to use teams to discuss with my colleague .

You can invite personal accounts to a Temporary team in your organization and they can tenant switch to your org in order to chat. But that’s the only work around from personal to enterprise teams instances directly.

@Chris Webb 

Thank you for your replay.

I know in teams group to invite outside user become a "guest" , then my vendor will receive an email to let him know .

But ........I want to simplify my colleague  operation  , so can I use azure function or  power automate to get my goal ???

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JACK_LAI_1117 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Free/Home Microsoft Teams tenants cannot chat with Enterprise / M365 Teams users currently. The only way you can chat outside those systems is consumer Skype, which I still haven't seen personally work, but anyway, this currently is not a supported scenario.

View solution in original post