SOLVED

Can not access teams - need to be removed from class

Copper Contributor

Hi there, 

My name is trisha and i started using teams back when i was an international student in france. now I'm back in the us and i need to use teams here, it is not allowing me to access the app or web browser. I can not login and simply leave the class. 

this is what it told me: Request Id: d5c9ff0b-8b61-4608-8be4-0ff06dfb7400
Correlation Id: 54255aa5-591c-44e5-96f7-5db997309f1b
Timestamp: 2020-08-24T08:11:27Z
Message: AADSTS50020: User account 'trishadrose17@gmail.com' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Groupe ESSCA' and cannot access the application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

please help, classes for school start today and the group that uses this app deal with my financial aid. thank you

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@yagirltrose Hello, So you've been a guest user with your gmail account at the student org. in France and now want to connect to another school tenant in the US with the same account?

First, did the org. in France remove your account properly from their tenant? Do I understand it correctly that you've tried to leave the org? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/external-identities/leave-the-organization As you can see that can only be done if the account isn't disabled, if it is you need to contact their admins.

But from what I can tell regarding the info it seems as if your Teams account is trying to access the org. in France but cannot do it as it has been deleted. And to be able to connect to the new org. in US you need a new invitation from them so you can be added guest user in their tenant and sign in to the new org.

Try using a InPrivate browser window (incognito) when dealing with this as no information is being cached. It could be a good idea to wipe the Teams desktop cache to reset the app as well.

On Windows: Type %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams (via Start and hit enter) and delete all content in that folder.

On Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams

Good luck!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@yagirltrose Hello, So you've been a guest user with your gmail account at the student org. in France and now want to connect to another school tenant in the US with the same account?

First, did the org. in France remove your account properly from their tenant? Do I understand it correctly that you've tried to leave the org? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/external-identities/leave-the-organization As you can see that can only be done if the account isn't disabled, if it is you need to contact their admins.

But from what I can tell regarding the info it seems as if your Teams account is trying to access the org. in France but cannot do it as it has been deleted. And to be able to connect to the new org. in US you need a new invitation from them so you can be added guest user in their tenant and sign in to the new org.

Try using a InPrivate browser window (incognito) when dealing with this as no information is being cached. It could be a good idea to wipe the Teams desktop cache to reset the app as well.

On Windows: Type %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams (via Start and hit enter) and delete all content in that folder.

On Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams

Good luck!

View solution in original post