Can I use same link for Team Events Session 1 and Session 2

Copper Contributor

I have a team event scheduled for 2 hours day 1 and thn2 hours on day two.  Can I use the same team invite for both days?  Can someone explain how to do this?

3 Replies
Well, if it is the same two hours on both days, just do a re-occurring teams calendar appointment. If it is different hours, I guess you could create the first session as a teams meeting. Copy the link, create a regular calendar invite for the following day, and past the teams link info into it. that should work :)

Hello @Judy_Folk  This sounds like a past post in the community - please take a look for the response.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/create-permanent-video-meeting-link-in-micros...

One workaround is to make the meeting "recurring" (e.g. if you want the same link for a weekly Tuesday meeting).  The meeting number should stay the same for each recurrence, along with the link.

If this is a live event this is not possible by design! You can you shortlinks though, often by paying for a domain you can use! You can then use a custom link which you then link to your second meeting. Example where you can do this is bit.ly

Adam