SOLVED

Can I share my webcam like I can share my desktop?

Steel Contributor

Howdy,

Is there any way, within a normal Teams meeting, that I can share my webcam like sharing other content to force it to be fullscreen for everyone attending?  I know I can turn on my video but that only shows to attendees if I'm the active talker and it only shows in the grid pattern unless users specifically choose to pin my feed.  But, if the meeting is recorded, it only shows in the grid pattern regardless.

We're trying to hold a meeting that will share a PowerPoint for part of the meeting and then change to showing a flipchart for another part of the meeting via a webcam, and to have that recorded as part of the meeting.

I know I can do this with a Live Event but we wanted people on the phone to be able to ask questions live (by speaking) which they wouldn't be able to do.

Thanks.

3 Replies
No, not possible afaik
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Not possible today. This is something the Team was discussing. I would check uservoice and vote for it since I’m sure it’s there as it’s a common ask.

However what might work is not having the web cam active then share your camera app or desktop then open the windows 10 camera app. This will then share full screen while showing the video from your end. This might have some extra latency but it might be better than nothing? Worth a shot.

@Chris WebbOoo.  That's a really great idea.  Just tested it and it worked great.  However, it puts a square around a person's face if they are looking at the camera and it appears there's no way to turn that off.  But, I should be able to use any Camera software to do the same thing so I'll see what else I can find.

Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Not possible today. This is something the Team was discussing. I would check uservoice and vote for it since I’m sure it’s there as it’s a common ask.

However what might work is not having the web cam active then share your camera app or desktop then open the windows 10 camera app. This will then share full screen while showing the video from your end. This might have some extra latency but it might be better than nothing? Worth a shot.

View solution in original post