SOLVED

Can i see who is removing users in a meeting?

Copper Contributor

I need to know if I can see which participant of the meeting is expelling others, since this happens very often in my classes and I don't know how to detect who is specific.

Thanks.

25 Replies

@Andrew_Walker1980 Hey can my university see who is removing users in meeting now in 2021?I know it was answered but was there any update that added the feature?

Hello.. this is ridiculous that MS cannot make this transparent. Corporate meetings with large no of attendees often get forwarded and so on. There may be multiple presenters and collaboration means presenters change. 

Asking the users to define roles and make others attendees is a copout.

There must be a log or at least the organizer should be able to see if an attendee is booting or muting others.

2021 and its a new way of bullying, here I'm searching  ways for me to know who TF is always removing me, Its been 3 or 4 months? idk I've lost track of how long it was(still counting)
THIS IS ALARMING!!
I hope Microsoft would do something about it

While I do agree it would be interesting information it's not written to any log as already mentioned in the "best response". What organizers instead should do is to use the meeting options and simply configure "Who can present" as Attendees cannot remove others from meetings. From my experience this particular setting is often overlooked.

Who can present - What happens

Everyone -> Anyone who has access to the meeting link will join the meeting as a presenter.

People in my organization ->Only people in your org will be presenters. External participants will join as attendees.

Specific people - Only people you choose from the list of invitees will be presenters. Everyone else will join as attendees.

Only me - Only the organizer will be a presenter. All other participants will join as attendees.

The roles can also be changed during the meeting if the organizer missed someone.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/roles-in-a-teams-meeting-c16fa7d0-1666-4dde-8686-0a0bfe16...