Can I have some teams users use direct rout and others using microsoft dial plans for outbound?

Iron Contributor

I'm trying to move an account from using direct route and our SBC to a microsoft dial plan for in and out bound calls.

it looks like our Get-CSOnlinePSTNUsage is only set for Teams direct routing.

Since Set-CsOnlinePstnUsage can only change the global setting. I'm not sure if I can configure the system to have some users outbound via the DR and SBC and some users go through microsoft which looks to be called localroute when running Get-CsOnlineVoiceRoute

Thanks,jb

2 Replies

Hi @Jason Benway 

First of all, I have not done such thing in my setup so pardon me if my reply doesnt make any sense. Since according to docs we can combine DR and CP, where CP will be the last-resort to route the call when all the DR dialplans are exhausted, what if the DR sbc filters all the DID purchased from CP, so the call will not get through. The plan is to exhaust all the DR route and lastly it will be forced to go to CP. 

I wonder, will the call just be dropped by the phone system, or it will try another route to make the call works?

Hi Jason, what is the purpose of having some users on direct routing and others on MS calling plans?