Can I filter Teams users to see who has the Global (org-wide default) apps permissions policy?

Brass Contributor

In the Teams admin area I can filter users to see who has one of our custom apps permissions policies, but can't find a way of filtering for those who have the Global (org-wide default) policy. Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

5 Replies

@LynnProspect Hi, I've not been working that much with the app permission policies, and cannot verify in the TAC right now either (blocked being on parental leave), but users in your organization will automatically get the global policy unless you create and assign a custom policy. So you can assume the ones not having a custom policy are using the global. Have you had a look at any PowerShell cmdlet (ex Get-CsTeamsAppPermissionPolicy) to see if they are of any use here?

@LynnProspect Go to the list of users, press the filter funnel, you can then choose a specific policy to filter by.

Hey, I got the impression that's what she has done, but cannot see the global policy. But you can select it? It’s such a hassle not being able to verify myself.

@ChristianBergstrom@Steven Collier Just to confirm: we have 5 custom policies, plus the global org-wide default. When I go to the list of users and try to filter by policy, the only selectable options are the 5 custom policies. If powershell is the only way to get a list of users covered by the global default, that's frustrating. I don't use powershell - it's beyond my technical ability. I'm a project person, not a techie

@LynnProspect Hi, thanks for the update! That was my impression too, that you didn't see it when filtering. I'm sorry but as I mentioned I'm not able to access the TAC to verify either. Let hope Steven replies again.