Apr 10 2023 01:06 AM
Apr 10 2023 01:06 AM
I have my organizational hierarchy(manager and employee) created in my teams and i need to extract that in a file.
Is there any way i can extract it?
Apr 10 2023 01:12 AM - edited Sep 30 2023 07:20 AM
Apr 18 2023 02:00 PM
May 24 2023 11:04 AM
May 24 2023 12:33 PM
May 24 2023 03:01 PM
May 24 2023 03:01 PMSolution
Hi @Sanskruti30 ,
Currently, Microsoft Teams does not provide a direct feature to extract organization hierarchy data. However, you can obtain organization hierarchy information by leveraging other Microsoft 365 tools and services. Here's one approach to extract organization hierarchy data from Microsoft Teams:
1. Access Azure Active Directory (AAD): Log in to the Microsoft 365 admin center (admin.microsoft.com) using an account with administrative privileges. Navigate to "Azure Active Directory" under the "Admin centers" section.
2. Export user data: In the Azure Active Directory portal, go to "Users" and select "Active users." You can choose to export the user data to a CSV file by clicking on the "Download" button. This file will contain information such as user names, job titles, and other relevant details.
3. Import the CSV file into a spreadsheet tool: Open the exported CSV file in a spreadsheet tool like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
4. Organize the data: In the spreadsheet, you can sort and filter the data based on job titles, departments, or any other criteria that define the organization hierarchy.
5. Analyze and visualize the hierarchy: Use the data in the spreadsheet to analyze and visualize the organization hierarchy. You can create a visual representation like an org chart or any other format that suits your needs.
It's important to note that the extracted organization hierarchy data will be based on the user information stored in Azure Active Directory, which might not be specific to Microsoft Teams. Therefore, you may need to refine the data further to focus specifically on Teams-related roles or settings if that is your primary requirement.
Additionally, there are third-party tools and services available that integrate with Microsoft Teams and provide enhanced organization analytics and reporting capabilities. These tools can offer more advanced features for extracting and visualizing organization hierarchy data.
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved
If you like my response, please give it a Like
Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)