SOLVED

Can a Teams Calendars be used in outlook?

Copper Contributor

I've set up a 'workshop' teams group.

I've set up a meeting through that team and added say 20 people to the calendar invite through teams

This meeting  shows up in my personal calendar

Now, i want to add 100 people to that same meeting, but when I open it through outlook i only have the option to forward the invite (as it technically didn't stem from me, but from the 'workshop team').

Is there a way to add this 'workshop team' calendar to my outlook?

Otherwise whenever i add people, EVERYONE gets an update (unlike through outlook where you have the option to only update new additions)

Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by lisab705 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@lisab705 It is possible, but it will need an admin to use PowerShell to unhide the Team's group from Outlook, as per Hiding Teams (Office 365 Groups) from Outlook — buckleyPLANET

As you've created the meeting in a Channel calendar, why not add these extra people to the channel. They can then add the meeting to their calendar when hovering over the appointment. It's best to either keep to using calendar appointment for meetings that are for people outside a Team.

Thanks Steven,
I'm waiting for them to add themselves to the channel (there's over 400)
In terms of adding it to their own calnedar, people rarely take that extra step - i'm trying to make ti easy for them to particiapte
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by lisab705 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@lisab705 It is possible, but it will need an admin to use PowerShell to unhide the Team's group from Outlook, as per Hiding Teams (Office 365 Groups) from Outlook — buckleyPLANET

As you've created the meeting in a Channel calendar, why not add these extra people to the channel. They can then add the meeting to their calendar when hovering over the appointment. It's best to either keep to using calendar appointment for meetings that are for people outside a Team.

View solution in original post