SOLVED

Camera will not work while using teams

Copper Contributor

I bought a laptop for work and the camera works in every other app and website I've used it on but it will not work in Teams. I have checked every setting, reinstalled the drivers, made sure all other programmes using the camera were closed but nothing has helped. There is only one camera installed on this computer and it has been selected, but I have the grey box of death in the settings - the camera says it's connected but there is no picture.

I've also spoke to multiple Microsoft support agents who have tried various things but all ultimately said they'd need to send me to a different support agent for help, only for the last one I spoke to to tell me that they don't know why it was escalated to them as they don't work with the Teams application??? The last guy suggested I post here and ask for help. Please, if anyone has any ideas how to fix this as I need this for work, please let me know. 

2 Replies
Hi,
Is it an internal camera you are trying to use? Do you have any more luck with the web version of Teams: Teams.Microsoft.com?

Is the ability to turn video on and off presented?

What is the make/model of laptop?

Are any errors received or is it just not giving the option for video as like you say you can see the device listed but it is greyed out.

Thanks

Henry

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@hck13 

Even we had similar issue on few laptops. This is an known issue 

Got fixed with latest version(released on 2nd July )of MS Teams, please install the latest one and check.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@hck13 

Even we had similar issue on few laptops. This is an known issue 

Got fixed with latest version(released on 2nd July )of MS Teams, please install the latest one and check.

View solution in original post