SOLVED

Camera Not Working in Teams

Copper Contributor

I just set up Teams on my iMac running Catalina.  My camera started to work for a split second and then stopped.  Two others running older versions of iOS had no problems with their cameras running the video chat.  I checked and the security and privacy setting authorizes the camera for Teams.  Any help?  If relevant, I was the organizer. 

Thanks.

35 Replies

@Jim_M545 

Are you using a macOS version? Checked system preferences --- Security and privacy --- check if Teams has access to the camera. If yes, uncheck Teams, check it again, restart Teams and it should work.

Good luck!

Ali

I'm using win10. When I participate to a Teams meeting the camera is disabled and it shows "no available camera found". But when I'm using Cisco Webex meeting there's no such problem. Is there any problem in my Teams' setting?

and I use the Teams desktop APP. 

@aleneziThis did not work for me on MacOS. Hearing rumors Apple introduced a camera conflict. Camera is working on all other apps. Any new ideas?

@Jim_M545 I've run into this issue as well with the teams app not recognizing my camera anymore. I have my laptop closed when connected to my monitor so using the built in camera isn't a good option so i've been using a smartphone as my camera. It was working in teams prior to a Catalina update, so unsure if it's related. I have teams authorized to use the camera in my security and privacy settings so that has not helped. Skype for business also will not recognize the camera either. I tested zoom and the browser version of teams and it does recognize the cameras, so to get it to work i have to use teams through the browser to have a video call.

I've tried multiple ways of connecting the camera, tested other cameras. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the camera apps and teams/skype, I've also tried resetting the System Management Controller (SMC). Same issues, works in everything but teams and skype for business desktop apps. 

Hoping a fix or workaround shows up soon as it is frustrating to have to work this way.

@manong I have the exact same problem ... external camera works fine in zoom and other apps, except Teams ... there it only shows the integrated camera, which is difficult to use in my setup ... until last week it worked great with teams ... 

I have solved the issue via logging to teams in web browser, camera could be enabled there. Then login the Team application, it worked normally. 

@Selene2245 That didn't work for me unfortunately. 

I had the same problem. I also did not have TEAMS showing up under the system preferences since I was using the web app. Here is what I did to get the TEAMS web app to see the camera in MAC OS 10.10.5.

1. System preferences

2. Flash player

3. Added the TEAMS URL to the cameras permissions 

4. Closed Teams web app and browser

5. Restarted......All good. 

Can't find the installer for TEAMS for 10.10.5 but I have seen that it exists somewhere. 

Would appreciate if anyone could post a link to it but for now the camera works in the web app by doing this. 

Char_127_0-1598054280890.png

@manong 

@manong I have the exact same issue and it is frustrating and making me move to another platform for sales presentations etc

@Jim_M545 

I had the same issue, I bought a new 4k webcam and when in a meeting using Microsoft Teams app it was not working. I am on macOS Catalina, and checked my settings and everything was set correctly. It was working with my previous 720p camera.

I started to mess with settings within Microsoft Teams and got it to work by turning off the camera and then changing the microphone device to use the camera and then went to Background Effects and tested and it was showing video. I then applied the background I wanted to use and turned the camera back on and it started working. Not sure if this will work for you but it is worth a shot.

I hope this works for you and anyone else having the issue

As for Zoom, it is working perfectly even if I don't use the webcam's microphone.

@rmeans85 I tried your suggested. method and it still does not show the prezi camera in teams as a choice only the built in facetime camera.  I have the exact same setup on my MacBook Pro and it works fine?  For some reason the iMac will not show the camera choice on the desktop app, if I use the web access for teams I can see the prezi camera and all other apps zoom etc all work?

Very frustrating...

@SteveCMcIntyre and @rmeans85 I also just tried it with zero luck. I got excited seeing that a method worked for someone. I hope they address this soon. I have to stick to using the browser version to use my camera. 

@manong I fixed it!

Details in link below but basically you have to remove the permissions using terminal and then start teams and hey presto all cameras visible!!! 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/microsoft-teams-mac-os-client-is-not-recognizi...

@SteveCMcIntyre this method failed for me

the xcode command failed to install

manong_0-1603989541340.png

so i found and downloaded xcode from the app store
tried running the other 2 scripts and received this error after entering my pw:

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app: the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used

ran the other script and got this back:

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app: the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used

I was optimistic as it seemed to have helped others. but reading the reply there were a few that ran into the same issues I had. 

@manong You haven't got xcode installed.  That's why the second two failed.  I got the same error about the upgrade server but then my auto-update downloaded it and installed the updates.  Try installing xcode separately first and then retry the second and third scripts.

@SteveCMcIntyre I did that. i mentioned that i had to manually find it and install it through the app store. not sure if that is the same install. it took a while to install. i tried running the scripts while that app was open but it was the same result. 

@manong sorry missed that you had installed it.. Do you have Admin rights?  I ran the codes and had to type in my admin password and then it worked a treat.  Sorry it's not the same for you.

@SteveCMcIntyre I do have admin permissions. i even made myself a root admin and logged in as the root and tried those scripts in terminal and the same errors popped up. feeling discouraged

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@AFeinstein On MacOs.... close teams fully.  Open terminal window and paste text below in.  Enter your password and after it runs close terminal and reopen teams.  All should no be available.

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app"

View solution in original post