Camera not working in MS Teams Meeting but... working everywhere else

Steel Contributor

Hi anyone,

i am totally lost... 

We have one user (from 1000) that is unable to use the camera within Teams.

It works:

In the native Win10 Camera App

In Zoom

In the preview of the settings in MS Teams (so it is no privacy camera setting - but i also checked)

But:

When she wants to show her camera in Teams it just shows a black screen. Even when i set different backgrounds. If i try to activate while the meeting is running i get the other error.

Done:

Uninstalled Teams completely and installed Teams 64bit

Deleted Cache with PS Script

Updated all drivers

Deactivated GPU acceleration

... and much other stuff.

It's an HP Elitebook 840 G5 (we have about 200 of them -> working)

I do not know what to perform next but installing the notebook from scratch ;) or opening up a MS case

Anyone experienced the same problem?

best regards

Stephan

5 Replies

Hi @StephanGee   "camera not working" has many variations in the past posts of this community.  Take a look through and see if this applies to your situation.  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/camera-not-working-in-teams/m-p/1452733

You can also search through the other posts if this one isn't right on the nose.

@ThereseSolimeno 

Thanks for the link to the post - but there is no solution there. I have searched google up and down already (i never post without research first)

But preview video is working but meeting video is not -  is not solved (like in the techcommunity post you suggested) or is fixed in some Win10 insider build in April (which is not the case here)

And other fixes like adding a REG key are from 2016.

Will go with the MS case then

@StephanGee did u find a solution? i have the same problem. already tried all the possible solutions.

@Dhinsanch 

Sorry to say that - we ended up exchanging the client of the colleague.

As there was no solution in sight we took this "answer" to stop wasting resources on this incident.

@StephanGee It's a lottery. Some computers are randomly selected to stop the camera from working in Teams. Since there is no explanation, I console myself with that idea :D