Calls>Contacts doesn't reliably populate from Outlook (Exchange Online)

Iron Contributor

One of my users is having a problem in Teams calling such that he is not able to query his Outlook contacts list from within Calls>Contacts for those contacts that exist in his Exchange Online default contacts folder, even though they have the necessary fields populated.

I am a global admin for our tenant and we do NOT have scoped directory search enabled.

3 Replies

Hi @Matthew Frahm ,

I went through some oddities I came across with regards to contacts in a video I did recently but I wont bore you with that and will summarise instead:

It does have to be a specific number/numbers fields that are filled in. So for example it differed for me if adding the contact via Outlook on the Web or via the Outlook client. But the general gist of it was that if I did it as a mobile number in the more numbers option it didn't show but if I did the straight device number you get by default for Outlook on the Web when adding a contact it did show.

It will also only show one instance of a contact if there is multiple entries with the same number but for me that is a good thing.

Could you give an example of a contact not showing as I am assuming it is not all of them, obviously scrub out the number but just so I can see which Number field has been utilised or even if you compare the numbers entered for those that show and those that don't.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech I will have to look more closely at the user's contacts. My own are populated from the desktop app and I don't appear to have an issue.

@Matthew Frahm we have a similar issue in that one of our users can only see the internal directory, not his contacts.  I verified that his contacts are stored correctly and checked Teams desktop app and web app.  In both cases, he can only see the GAL or internal directory, not his contacts.