SOLVED

Calls from Polycom VVX phones to call queue dropped after 30 seconds when picked up by Teams client

Bronze Contributor

Is anyone else seeing an issue where, when a user in Skype for Business only mode calls a call queue from a Polycom VVX desk phone on the latest Microsoft-approved firmware (5.9.0.9373) and the call is answered by a user in Teams-only mode, the call drops after 30 seconds? The Teams-Only mode user has Busy on Busy enabled if that makes a difference.

I've had an incident open with Office 365 support for weeks that isn't going anywhere, and now they're telling me I need to build a test lab and capture a Wireshark trace, which I really don't have time for.

23 Replies

@Ryan Steele , yes we see this issue also. After migrating to a call queue on Teams this started happening.

@Wim Allegaert It's been a while since I've looked at this, but I believe you can work around the issue by switching the caller with the 3PIP phone to Teams Only mode.

Note that once this has been done, if the user attempts to change their Call Forwarding settings from the phone, it will appear to work, but it won't actually have any effect. Call forwarding must be configured from the Teams app.

Additionally, if a user has Favorites configured in Skype for Business, they may still appear as speed dial entries on the display of the phone, but the user will have no way of updating them. You may want to ensure the user removes any favorites from SfB before switching their coexistence mode and re-adds their speed dial entries using the Address Book settings on the phone itself.

Do you have any news? I'm experimenting same issue on devices with FW version 5.9.1.x

@Daniel Bustos As a short-term fix, try upgrading to firmware version 6.3.1.11465. However, you will soon need to switch these devices to use the Teams SIP Gateway.