SOLVED

Calls don't ring to mobile with Teams on iOS 13

Bronze Contributor

TL,DR: Don't install the iOS 13 public beta if you use Teams for calls.  

The past couple of days, I've not been receiving calls through Teams on my iphone.  The caller hears one ring before going to voicemail.  I see a missed call notification, with the phone never having rang.  

Has anyone else dove in to the iOS 13 betas yet, and if so are you having the same issue?

I checked every setting I could think of and tried signing out/in and even reinstalling the app, nothing helped.  I finally found a couple of threads on the apple developer forums changes related to voip call handling and notifications.   

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/117939

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/118607

For now, I've worked around the issue by adding my cell number to the 'also ring' setting in Teams.  At least that way they will ring in as normal phone calls instead of going straight to voicemail. 

Hopefully this is something that MS is aware of and will address soon with an update to the Teams app.  I know it's a beta OS, but it's public beta at this point, so there will be a lot of people installing it.  During beta is exactly when app developers need to be testing and updating their apps, so that the new working version of the app is available by the time the OS goes GA.  (I wish more Windows app developers would actually use the beta/insider builds to find and fix compatibility issues before each new windows version hits GA!) 

9 Replies
Hey mate, I've had the same here. Calls and PSTN calls come to my Desktop Client, however don't show at all on iOS 13 Beta 2. I get the missed call notification only.

Hey, this is a long existing issue. We have this problem since several month on iOS and sometimes on Android as well.

Assuming your meaning with ISO13, that could be true, I’ve only been using it for a week. On IOS12 I never had any issues.
Using IOS 13 B2. I am looking to see what is different. I still receive calls on Teams. However, the only difference (not sure if you have done this), I loaded IOS Beta 2 clean from reset (I like to start clean with betas) and then all of my apps were reinstalled.. Been working fine since.

@TwiztidAlchemist Please provide your steps in order, more specifically. Not able to reproduce your results on my end.

Thanks!

Look at this thread

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Teams-app-not-ringing-reliably-on-incoming-PS...

What I'm talking about. While my teammate from the support team is on campus, her teams desktop app keeps ringing. When she comes back, she wonders why there are so many missed calls because she had her iPhone with her. But it never rang. She only sees the missed calls. No matter if connected via WiFi or LTE.

I have setup a brand new demo tenant (E5+Calling Plan) and everything works OK, except for the iOS app - I am using iOS 12.4 so not an issue with iOS 13.

When I call the DDI number, the iPad/iPhone does not ring it just says "Mark Lawton Called you" and the caller goes to VoiceMail. When calling out from the iPad it simply says "Call Failed".

Any ideas?

@Steve Whitcher 

Scrap that - loggin out and back in seems to have sorted it!@Mark Lawton 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Steve Whitcher I had a similar issue here. Altough the sound was on, and all teams notification settings were on. Still no sound on the iPad on incoming teams calls. 

Solved it by setting the general iOS notification sound settings on.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Steve Whitcher I had a similar issue here. Altough the sound was on, and all teams notification settings were on. Still no sound on the iPad on incoming teams calls. 

Solved it by setting the general iOS notification sound settings on.

View solution in original post