SOLVED

Calls coming in on BTC App kick me out of MS Teams meetings

Copper Contributor

Our company uses Bell Total Connect (BTC) desktop app. When I am logged into the app, doesn't matter if  DND is turned on or not, if a call comes in while I am in a MS Teams meeting, I am disconnected from the meeting and have to reconnect.  I have tried to dismiss calls, same thing happens.  My co-workers have reported experiencing the same issue to me.

10 Replies

I've heard reports from some of our users of Cisco Jabber doing the same thing.  

@MaggieH 

Not a solution, but do you have a headset? In some cases the other apps attempt to take over the device and disconnect the Teams meeting. Sometimes you can configure their settings to ring from a different device.

@Steven Collier Thanks Steven. I am always using a head set for both apps.  However, I always unplug the head set after I am done, perhaps that is causing the confusion?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@MaggieH I doubt its the unplugging, more that the other app is trying to take control of the headset which results in the call dropping. These HID controls are very temperamental unfortunately, my only suggestion would be to see if there are settings in the other app to get it to ring on a the laptop speaker or something like that, sometimes that avoids issues.

@Steven Collier I made some changes in the BTC app settings, I will have to see how it goes.  Thank you!

I started closing the BTC app before a Teams meeting as a work around.
Have you had any luck with a solution? I have a user with the same issue. We've tried every setting in Teams and BTC but no luck. The only workaround we have is if they're on a Teams call BTC must be set to do not disturb and vice versa.
We have had no complaints, however, we did tell our staff to close the BTC app before a Teams meeting as a work around. I personally rarely get external calls, so I leave it closed until a vmail comes into my email, then I open it to call back. For all internal calls most of us use Teams.

@MaggieH Thanks for the reply. I have also instructed our staff to close each app as needed. 

@MarkDiFelice It is due to the intelligence of headset. This issue does not happen when I use a Leitner corded headset. There is no software intelligence in the Leitner headset.  As soon as I use Microsoft Teams headsets they dominate  Teams causing both apps to crash. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@MaggieH I doubt its the unplugging, more that the other app is trying to take control of the headset which results in the call dropping. These HID controls are very temperamental unfortunately, my only suggestion would be to see if there are settings in the other app to get it to ring on a the laptop speaker or something like that, sometimes that avoids issues.

View solution in original post