SOLVED

Calls are opening in separate window with no option to disable

Copper Contributor

Hello - My Teams is opening all calls / meetings in a separate popped out window and there is no option in settings to disable this.

This feature makes Teams very hard to use when utilising more than one screen because it opens across two screens / off the screens. Adds time to being able to connect to a call quickly.

There is also no option to pop the call back into Teams when the call has commenced?

22 Replies

@anthonyangelo I personally loved the option to open calls in a separate window. I am using 2 monitors and it's perfect for me. I can be on a meeting full screen (so able to read presentations), while chatting or going through chats in the other screen.

I understand other users could prefer the same window for everything.

I don't understand why this is not a switchable option. Very bad decision, bound to disappoint many users.

Having the option: Good

Having no option: Bad

I agree so bad. Teams is already supper choppy in one window, having a second one doesn't make it easier. Also it's completely frustrating and annoying when you try to lookup chats but the hellish window of call/conference keeps popping up.
Hi, Does anyone know if MS will be bringing this option back?