SOLVED

Calls appear in chat history

Brass Contributor

Hi

A couple of my users have reported they've started seeing their recent calls appear in the chat screen. I can't figure out how to disable this and it doesn't seem to do it for everyone. Has anyone come across this before and is it possible to stop it. It's the entries which start +44 that are the issue. There's no actual chat

laythingy59_0-1647875614093.png

Thanks

59 Replies
This is happening to me as well. It doesn't always show the phone number, like in your screenshot. Sometimes instead it leaves behind a blank chat with "Just Me" as the sole participant. Sometimes it does show the number, just like in your screenshot.

This has to be a bug. I don't think this could possibly be a "feature".
It's not affecting all users, and the ones it is affecting its random. Very odd.

Ive been through the settings the the client and can't see anything obvious.

This is happening to myself and work colleagues as well.   Seems to have started in the last couple of days.

If someone knows how to disable this I would be very appreciative.

This is an issue for one of our team members as well. Not affecting the calls themselves, but annoying. Rebooting, logging out/back into microsoft 365 has not helped. Will likely start a ticket.

Some of our users are experiencing the same thing, particularly if they're a member of a call queue. Very disruptive to people who receive a lot of calls.

That's interesting. My users are part of a call queue as well. Ill have a look at the settings in admin centre tomorrow

@laythingy59 This also just started happening to me today. I'm also a part of a call queue, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Hi All,

Some of my staff members are experiencing similar issue and they are apart of a call queue.

We are going to try some simple troubleshooting steps:

1. Clear Teams cache
  2. Sign out of Teams and back into it
  3. Try updating to latest version.

I'll report back the results.

Had a look in the call queue settings and can't see anything obvious.

Ive raised a case with my 3rd party IT provider. They have access to MS support so hopefully I'll get I solution. I'll report back if I do.
This has started happening to some of our users aswell. What we see happening is that whenever an external number calls to a call queue the person who answers the queue gets a new chat in their history with the number that just called. If you type and "send" something in that chat and restart the application the chat will only show as "Just me" chats that you send are not being sent as a SMS or Teams message to that number. If the same number calls again a new chat is not created when answered by the same person. This does not occur when people call internally to colleagues.

This problem does not seem to happen to users who are running a Teams version prior to the 11th of March update. Wich leads us to believe this is a bug that got rolled out with that update.
Hi All,

We've tried:
1. Clear Teams cache
2. Sign out of Teams and back into it
3. Try updating to latest version.
Neither of the above work.

One of my colleagues logged a ticket with MS and the MS engineer asked us to delete the resource account and recreate it. We've decided to hold off on that for now. The engineer also said lot customers from Australia have reported similar issues.

We use third-party vendor for Level 3 VoIP troubleshooting so we've logged a ticket with them to see if they have other options to fix.
Yeah, we believe the most recent version is broken.
The users who are affected run this version: 1.5.00.8070
If we get users to use the web version the issue doesn't occur.
I have two users with the samme error running version 1.5.00.5967 (only ones using call queue

Had them update to 1.5.00.8070 - but I see other replies with the error still on this most recent version
Just chipping that I have a customer who is reporting that this started happening from yesterday. Just gathering teams client versions and screenshots and will then be logging via their 365 portal.

Recreating the resource accounts seems dangerous, we've had delays of up to 48 hours when reassigning a DDI from one resource account to another and can't afford that sort of down time for external callers.

We are using Direct Routing, not sure how relevant that is?
Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.5967 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10-Mar-2022
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It works for a time then goes back to showing calls. Log out, log in, same thing. It only happens on the desktop app
Same issue here with people in a call queue!!
Anybody with a response from Microsoft yet?
Will log a ticket also looks like a bug in the latest releases...
No response from MS yet other than to ask the usual questions

Same here, reported for the last week. I can confirm it only happens to calls via a call queue, not calls direct to the user. This is with version 1.5.00.5967 and yes, only happens on the desktop app. The generated 'chats' do not appear in the web app. 

Ticket raised with MS

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by laythingy59 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi All,

The latest update from our SIP vendor, they said Microsoft resolved the issue on their end. We had to get our users to log out and log back into Teams. The calls no longer appear in the chat history.

Cheers,
Ian

View solution in original post