SOLVED

Calling in Multinational Sites

Brass Contributor

For a company that has sites around the world all on a single tenant. Would the quality be okay for calls between two colleagues from the same comapny but based one based out of London and one based out of Singapore? This would not be via a Calling plan or Direct Routing, just 1:1 call on teams client

I have read about transport relays and going through the Office365 network. So would assume that in general regardless of distances Multinational offices can call each other without issue?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@DwightShrute - it´s nothing special with Teams calling in comparison with other calls. Finally, it depends on the data network quality. We are using Teams 1:1 calls since day one, and I like it as a replacement for all other solutions I use.

Internally, Teams Client tries to get the best quality out of your existing connection and adapts the codec's quality. Our Team works worldwide, and we have many video calls (consumes much more bandwidth). As long you have a reliable internet connection, you cannot identify the location.

When you use Direct Routing - there are also many built-in features to get the best and shortest connection between the network endpoints.

Oliver

@okoerbermany thanks Oliver, so in the example I gave, from my research, It would appear that the Client in london, connects to the nearest Transport relay and the client in Singapore connects to his nearest Ransport Relay, and the media goes through the Office365 network?

@DwightShrute - Yes. Not Office 365 network - I would say Microsoft Backbone

@okoerbercool, many thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@DwightShrute - it´s nothing special with Teams calling in comparison with other calls. Finally, it depends on the data network quality. We are using Teams 1:1 calls since day one, and I like it as a replacement for all other solutions I use.

Internally, Teams Client tries to get the best quality out of your existing connection and adapts the codec's quality. Our Team works worldwide, and we have many video calls (consumes much more bandwidth). As long you have a reliable internet connection, you cannot identify the location.

When you use Direct Routing - there are also many built-in features to get the best and shortest connection between the network endpoints.

Oliver

View solution in original post