SOLVED

Call recording with Microsoft Voice solution

Copper Contributor

Hello Microsoft Teams community,

I have a question please.

We are considering moving our external telephony system to Microsoft, as we use Microsoft Teams internally, and now want to use it for receiving external calls.

I've read through the documentation at this Microsoft Docs all about it.

There are three options:

• Calling Plans
  • Operator Connect
  • Direct Routing

I believe we want want to go with Calling Plans option. It seems to tick all our requirements except one, and that is call recording.

I can't see anything where it says external calls coming into our company are recorded. Is this not a feature?

We would want to record all incoming calls for training etc.

If anyone could let me know if the ability to record external calls with Call Plans is available that would be great. And if it's not available, how are you recording your calls.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks very much,

Garry

4 Replies

@Andres Gorzelany thanks so much for your reply.

We’re looking for recording of everyone set up to receive internal calls from a main number. 

We want to have a single number that customers can call. They press 1 for sales, 2 for customer service etc. The call then gets routed to the correct team. A team member answers the calls via Teams and as soon as they answer the recording begins. 

i don’t want them having to remember to click record or anything like that. It just automatically happens. Then, at a later date, someone could access that call recording to check the quality of the call, or use it for some other purpose.  

best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Ok looks like you need compliance recording (org-regulated), the link that I sent should be your starting point to evaluate third-party solutions that integrate with Teams to do that.
Hello Andres,

Thanks so much. You’ve been so helpful. I really appreciate it.

Garry
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Ok looks like you need compliance recording (org-regulated), the link that I sent should be your starting point to evaluate third-party solutions that integrate with Teams to do that.

View solution in original post