SOLVED

Call queues - call answering by users with free "Teams Exploratory" and "Phone System virtual user"

Copper Contributor

Some of our team members have only a free ""Microsoft Teams Exploratory" license and a "Phone System - Virtual User" but no phone number. I can call these users, but I cannot seem to have them included in a service number call queue; when I try to add them to the queue, I get a "You are trying to link XXX but they aren't enterprise voice-enabled" (the resource account has a virtual phone system license assigned).

I find this odd, given that Teams allows me to call them internally. Am I missing something in the setup or is that expected behaviour?  

4 Replies

Hi @DanielSB 

The users who would be receiving the call from the PSTN needs to be enabled for Enterprise Voice. You would not be able to add the users to the Call Queue until and unless they are Enterprise Voice Enabled. 

Since you are an internal user within the same domain you are able to call them directly as this a CUG(Closed User Group) within the domain call.

Enable the user for Enterprise Voice Services and you should be able to add them to the Call Queue.

With Regards,

Satish U

Thanks so much, Satish! I was searching high and low and it seems to me that the user needs to have a phone number assigned in order to enable enterprise voice, i. e. a E3/E5 user license which will make this excercise a very expensive one (our people in manufacturing can't fully utilize the licenses). Am I missing something?@RealTime_M365 

best response confirmed by DanielSB (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @DanielSB 

Yes you will need any E1+Phone System + Calling Licenses for the same.

With Regards,

Satish U

@RealTime_M365 @DanielSB 

To add to the existing answer, "Phone System - Virtual User" are licenses used for Call Queues and Auto Attendant resource accounts. They're not used for regular user accounts to provide phone services.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DanielSB (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @DanielSB 

Yes you will need any E1+Phone System + Calling Licenses for the same.

With Regards,

Satish U

View solution in original post