SOLVED

Call Queue - If no answer from agents

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Here is the scenario I am trying to crack.

If I configure 10 call limit for a call queue and let's say none of the agents pick a particular call that rings (attendant mode) due to any reason, what happens to that call/caller after the agent alert time ends. Will it go back to the queue or will it disconnect.

Thanks in advance!

Az

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi,

The call will stay in the queue all the time keeping their position in the queue all the time until a agent answers, if first agent doesn't answer it will try with the second, third, fourth agent until it is time to try with the first agent again. When one agent answers the caller will leave the queue and be connected with the agent.

So the call will be in the queue all the time until someone answers or until the queue will disconnect the call after x minutes.

Thank you and another quick one I have got to check - If it goes back to the queue, will it be the last call in the queue or it will be the first one in the order and if it goes back to the queue, how will it calculate the queue timeout for that particular call.

Cheers!

The caller will keep their position in the queue as long as they don't hang up or get disconnected. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi,

The call will stay in the queue all the time keeping their position in the queue all the time until a agent answers, if first agent doesn't answer it will try with the second, third, fourth agent until it is time to try with the first agent again. When one agent answers the caller will leave the queue and be connected with the agent.

So the call will be in the queue all the time until someone answers or until the queue will disconnect the call after x minutes.

View solution in original post