Call overflow handling

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We are implementing a MS 365 Phone System. Our Company has a requirement to have a human  answer the main line during business hours. If the operator is on a call I want it to transfer to a Call Queue, where we have 6 people set to answer.

I have an Auto attendant direct the call to a call queue that has the operator in and the "Call overflow handling – Maximum calls in the queue" is set to 1. So if the operator is busy it jumps to the overflow call queue. At least I interpret it to work this way. However in testing I can't get the Operator call queue to transfer to the overflow queue. When the operator is on a call, it just puts the next call to the same Operator call queue. Never going to the overflow call queue. 

Hope this is clear, any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Dean

5 Replies

@dmkrueger67 Maximum of 1 would imply to me that you can have one person waiting in the queue, so you are getting what you defined, try setting it to 0.

@Steven Collier I should have noted, I tried 0 and 1. When set at 0 it goes directly to the Overflow queue, bypassing the Operator Queue. Thanks for your reply.

From the guide:

"Maximum calls in the queue specifies the maximum number of calls that can wait in the queue at any given time. The default is 50, but it can range from 0 to 200. When this limit is reached, the call is handled as specified by the When the maximum number of calls is reached setting"

@dmkrueger67 I know this is an old topic, but have you ever fixed this issue? We have a similar case. When the phone rings our first line should pickup the phone, only in case no one is available on the first line, new calls should be overload to the second line directly (and in case no one is available over there the call should be overload to the third line). When setting the maximum queue length to 0 all calls will be forwarded to the overload, setting the queue length to 1, the first one is waiting in the queue and the second one is overloaded to the next line.

Got anything new to this topic? @dmkrueger67 .

@both_alx I think the answer is to use a maximum wait time, not a number of calls.