Call notifications

Copper Contributor

Since my company and my customer both have Teams, I use a setup, where one account is used in the natively installed app and the other is used within a browser. I have this same situation on our Windows 10 laptop (with Edge) and vice versa on the customer CentOS 7 Linux laptop (with Chrome).

Now, the problem is, if a call comes in on the browser, I don't hear anything (since it only rings in the headset) and I don't get any desktop notifications about it, so I constantly miss calls. Additionally, since I have both laptops on a KVM switch, I do need visual and audible notifications. The notifications for the natively installed versions are fine, there something pops up when a call comes in, but also no ringing.

What do I have to do to receive visual (e.g. popup) and audible (e.g. ringing through speaker) notifications of incoming calls for all cases?

6 Replies

I try to simplify the question to a specific case I just experienced and which causes me to miss calls:

Teams runs in Edge browser, but I work in another window and the headset lies on the table.

Now a call comes in and there is no visual notification of it and I only hear by chance that something is ringing in the headset.

What I like to have is a popup window, just like it is with my desktop version of Teams running the 2nd account or alternatively ringing through PC speaker as well.

Hi @AlexanderRuehl,

When you log-in to Teams on the web simply "Enable" desktop notifications.

Regards,

Adil Yoosuf

@adilyoosuf I'd like to, but where?
During login there is nothing to enable that - I open Teams, I select the account, I give my credentials, I might have to provide the 2nd factor, I can state that it should stay logged in - and then I see the application.

In the settings in Teams browser application, I don't see anything about desktop notifications. And also, there ist no 2nd ring tone as possible in desktop application.

In the Edge settings I configured this for Teams: ("Benachrichtigung" is "notifications", "ein" is "on")

AlexanderRuehl_0-1610705060361.png

And in the Windows system settings for notifications I configured this for Teams:

AlexanderRuehl_2-1610705192887.png

AlexanderRuehl_3-1610705226958.png

But still - I don't see anything if a call comes into this browser Teams if it is not already opened.

Hi@AlexanderRuehl 

Make sure your Edge is up-to-date. You can try using Google Chrome as well to narrow down the root cause of the problem.

Regards,

Adil

@adilyoosuf 
I updated Edge to the latest version.
What happens now is, that if someone types a chat message, I receive the standard Windows notification in the lower right of the desktop.

But if someone calls me, I get nothing. There's only the ring tone in my headset, but no visible notification.

Same behaviour in Chrome,

@AlexanderRuehl 

I have the same experience via Chrome. Perhaps this is a limitation in Teams Web version.