Call issues using VMware Media Optimization

Copper Contributor

We are attempting to implement Team Media optimization using VMware Horizons and are having mixed results.  In summary we can connect to Teams Meetings but cannot connect person-to-person calls.

Checking the firewall I am seeing different network ports for person-to-person calls than that of the  successful person-to-meeting calls.  The successful meeting calls are following documented network path and connect to udp ports 3478-3481 within the documented end-point network blocks.  However the person-to-person calls attempt to connect udp ports 50000+ on address outside the defined end-point subnets.

I have found several reference documents stating the 50000+ ports (although configurable) are the source ports for media streams not the destination.  I have not seen any references that 50000+ ports are destination ports.

Can anyone provide guidance on why the different types of calls are behaving differently.  Additionally I would like to understand why Teams is attempting to communicate with locations not listed as any Microsoft end-point.  

--

Matthew

1 Reply
Hi,

Can you check with the Known Issues for the Media Optimization. I assume that the Media Bypass is still not supported in the Virtualization environment.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-for-vdi

With Regards,
Satish Upadhyaya