SOLVED

Bypass "Join Now" confirmation

Copper Contributor

After clicking on the Outlook popup to joing a MS Teams meeting, it then opens a window in the app to confirm audio/visual settings and then click "Join Now" to actually start the meeting.

Is there a way to bypass this confirmation step? Similar to Skype where you check the "Always use these settings" box so you don't have to do this with every meeting?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Unfortunately no. The only way to skip it currently is by clicking join from the Teams calendar itself.

Agreed, it is very annoying!

I believe they added this screen. It wasn't there when I first started using the software. It has so many controls that it can take a moment to take in when all I want to do is join the call. Definitely poor UX.

@PatrickMelo : its very bad user interface it should join when all settings are set time

I agree that, while this seems like a minor inconvenience, the additional step is quite annoying. There should be an option to go straight to the Teams meeting from the Outlook popup - it's like the two applications don't work well with each other.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Unfortunately no. The only way to skip it currently is by clicking join from the Teams calendar itself.

View solution in original post