BUG with Microsoft Teams PowerShell Module 4.x.x for Auto Attendant Management

Brass Contributor

Dear Microsoft Community

I have a working PowerShell Script for toggling a Microsoft Teams Auto Attendant target between CallQueue or a ExternalPstn. Developed since PowerShell Module Version 2.0.0 up to Version 3.0.0.

The main part of the Script for updating the $AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions is the following

$AutoAttendant = Get-CsAutoAttendant | Where-object {$_.Identity -eq $($Identity)}

$First = $AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions | Select-Object -First 1
$AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.Remove($First)

Switch ($Target) 
{
"ApplicationEndpoint" {

$CallQueue = New-CsAutoAttendantCallableEntity -Identity $($ResourceAccount) -Type ApplicationEndpoint
$MenuOption = New-CsAutoAttendantMenuOption -Action TransferCallToTarget -CallTarget $($CallQueue) -DtmfRespons Automatic
($AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.Add($($MenuOption))) | Out-Null
}

"ExternalPstn" {

$PhoneNumber = New-CsAutoAttendantCallableEntity -Identity "tel:$($Global:CurrentPhoneNumber.Line)" -Type ExternalPstn
$MenuOption = New-CsAutoAttendantMenuOption -Action TransferCallToTarget -CallTarget $($PhoneNumber) -DtmfRespons Automatic
($AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.Add($($MenuOption))) | Out-Null
}
}

But since Microsoft Teams PowerShell Module Version 4.0.0 or current 4.2.0, i receive an error removing the first MenuOptions  Entry at following script line $AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.Remove($First)

Exception calling "Remove" with "1" argument(s): "Collection was of a fixed size."
At line:1 char:1
+ $AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.Remove($First)
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NotSupportedException

is this a known Issues of the current PowerShell Module and what is the plan for a fix.

many thanks

Andy

6 Replies
Hello

What does

$AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.isFixedSize shows?

@Andres Gorzelany 

Dear Andres

$First = $AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions | Select-Object -First 1

$First shows

ApplicationEndPoint

Action : TransferCallToTarget
DtmfResponse : Automatic
VoiceResponses :
CallTarget : Type = ApplicationEndpoint
Id = af1dc44d-22e3-4f3c-8e46-877650172514
Prompt :

ExternalPstn

Action : TransferCallToTarget
DtmfResponse : Automatic
VoiceResponses :
CallTarget : Type = ExternalPstn
Id = tel:+41448041414
Prompt :

The Error happend with following Command

$AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.Remove($First)

with the working PS Module, the menOptions is now empty, so I can assign the new menuOption

Hello
I was asking if you run

$AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.isFixedSize

(note the isFixedSize at the end), if it is, it is an array of fixed size and that means no items can be removed or added, maybe they changed this to a different kind of collection

see

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.collections.arraylist.fixedsize?view=net-6.0#:~:t....
Dear Andreas, the Command $AutoAttendant.DefaultCallFlow.Menu.MenuOptions.IsFixedSize return True
Ok then, probably the collection was changed to a fixed one, will try to make some tests in my own tenant later
The Microsoft Documentation is quit weak of the Get, Set-CsAutoattendant CmdLet. Many thanks for you help