SOLVED

[BUG] Microsoft Teams not letting me sign out of my work account.

Copper Contributor

So I have a job interview for a different job tomorrow and it's going to be on Microsoft Teams. I tried testing it out today, but when I start it up, it says " You're missing out! Ask your admin to Enable Microsoft Teams for (company name)" as seen in the screenshot.

Omnidyne_1-1624160490520.png

When I click Sign out or Use a different account, it just brings me to this blank screen and stays that way for hours.

Omnidyne_0-1624160441223.png

My personal computer isn't even logged in to that work email it's referencing. I've also used a different email for Team in the past. I've tried uninstalling, and re-installing it, but it comes up with the same message. 
Does anybody know how I can fix it? I can't possibly do a job interview using the work email of the job I'm currently working.

Thanks.

6 Replies
Hi, for starters you can always use the web version and you don't even have to be signed in (usually) so that might calm you down a bit :) When it comes to your issue though I suggest you try this script to reset your desktop client autostart settings https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/scripts/powershell-script-teams-reset-autostart just copy and paste it into PowerShell.

If it still doesn't work you might want to try to wipe all the locations described here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients#windows and reinstall again.

@ChristianJBergstrom Hi there, thanks so much for the reply. I  just tried both of these multiple times. in different orders and it still didn't work :( I'm really not sure whats going on

. I did end up just using the web version of Teams, but still ran into issues where, even though I was logged in on the browser, I kept showing up as (Guest). I just hope that didn't effect the interviewers perception of me

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@OmnidyneI managed to fix this on my computer. Had to remove the account association completely from my computer (university account). Go to "email & accounts" in windows settings, find "access work or school" and disconnect the account that keeps trying to sign in to teams. I then did the above steps and removed teams completely before reinstalling and finally I have a "fresh" install of teams.

Great suggestion. Had unfortunately missed the above reply.. sorry about that.

@ChristianJBergstrom  is a real problem on a Mac because if you change organisations, the organisation login window has no cancel or logout button. If you close the window, Teams says there is an error and has a logout link that doesn’t work. Very frustrating. Have every other M365 apps logged into my new workplace but Teams is a bugger.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@OmnidyneI managed to fix this on my computer. Had to remove the account association completely from my computer (university account). Go to "email & accounts" in windows settings, find "access work or school" and disconnect the account that keeps trying to sign in to teams. I then did the above steps and removed teams completely before reinstalling and finally I have a "fresh" install of teams.

View solution in original post