Bug : Meeting permissions drop down menu doesn't show

Iron Contributor

Hi,

We have a problem here at office, when the « New Meeting and Calling Experience » are activated, we have problems when clicking the persmission drop down menu in a meeting. Most of the time it doesn't show (but sometimes it does...).

If we disable the « New Meeting and Calling Experience », that problem doesnt occur (we think...).

Anybody can help ?

Thank you !

4 Replies

@MarioGervais 

Would you be able to provide a screenshot? I assume you are talking about the meeting permissions. This should be under in the roster, click more options (...) and then appears

I have tested this on both the desktop and web in multiple meetings and both work as should be. Can you confirm this is the functionality which seems to be an issue. If it is a.) Is it working in the web experience at https://teams.microsoft.com b.) Have you ensured the desktop is updated to the latest version and c.) Are you working in Windows/MAC?

TeamsPermissions.JPG

Let me know how it goes

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

• I am on Window 10 Version 1909 (18363.1016)
  • Teams version 1.3.00.21759 (64 bits)

You're right I am talking about meeting permissions. I tried on the web and it works. See attached from my computer app.

Thank for your help !

Hmm what about logging out completely from Teams, quit the app, clearing the cache

https://commsverse.blog/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/

And logging back in

As it works in the web app its going to be client related. Let me know how it goes

Best, Chris

Hi @Christopher Hoard and thank you for your help.

I tried this script. Some path are no longer used by these applications. So I wonder if the script really has the desired effect. Here's what I did in order :

1. I disconnected from Teams;
  2. I closed Teams;
  3. I ran the PowerShell script;
  4. I restarted the PC;
  5. I logged on to the Teams session;
  6. I started a team meeting. I used the permissions menu;
    • It worked so I stopped the meeting;
  7. I restarted a meeting few seconds later;
  8. I used the permissions menu;
    • It didn't work, it didn't appear anymore.

If you have anything you would try. Any advice...

Thanks a lot.