Breakout Rooms in Recurring meetings

Brass Contributor

Hi

I am wondering if breakout rooms created in one instance of a recurring meeting is propagated to the next occurrence of that meeting, or do I need to recreate breakout rooms each time the meeting is started?

Besides having only one Host being able to move between breakout rooms, having to recreate the rooms for each meeting (i.e. class meeting) is too much overhead. 

Breakout rooms are a welcome addition, but these two aspects need to be addressed. I have voted for the multiple host update and look forward to its inclusion.

Thank you

Che

4 Replies

Hello @CheWeigand   If the meeting is recurring, your breakout room settings and allocations are saved and maintained for subsequent meetings.

@ThereseSolimeno Awsome! Thanks for the information, Therese!

@ThereseSolimeno We've been testing Breakout Rooms in recurrent meetings. We have found that the names of the Breakout Rooms are retained, but that the allocation of the participants to the Breakouts is not stored for subsequent meetings. Is there a particular order that we need to do things in to store the allocation of participants to breakout rooms?

Thanks

@ThereseSolimeno  I find that the rooms are maintained, but not the participants in them, so I have to reallocate them for each meeting. Is there something that allows maintaining the room composition in a recurring meeting? Thank you for your help.