Breakout room meeting options similar to main meeting options?

Copper Contributor

I often work with break-out rooms. If a student falls out because of Wi-Fi problems or something else (which happens every lesson), I have to go to that room to get them out of the lobby. I thought this could be resolved by turning on the lobby skipping meeting options, but so far it's not working the way I want. How can I solve this problem?

4 Replies
It works that you have to join the breakout room and set the lobby settings there! They can be different from the main meeting!
What hasn’t been working for you?
Hi, breakout rooms are just like any other meeting and will therefore follow the assigned meeting policy. So if you’re changing the lobby setting in the main meeting to something less restrictive (ex. everybody) which is out of the default meeting policy scope (only org) it won’t be inherited in the breakout rooms.

Hello Adam,

The problem is that if I send students from my main meeting to breakout rooms, some students still have to be admitted to the breakout room by the organizer/presenter of the main meeting. That's weird. The institutions of the entire organization have recently been changed:

- Who can skip the lobby? = Only me

- Who is allowed to present? = Only me

But then my question is actually, who is seen by Teams as the organizer of the breakout rooms?

Thank you bec064, for your quick response.
Could it be due to the fact that the default settings of the entire organization have recently changed to:

- Who can skip the lobby? = Only me
- Who is allowed to present? = Only me

That would explain a few things! And then we have to think about this solution. We implemented these default settings because we were very bothered by students from other classes who came to disrupt a lesson. By default, we have given our teachers more control over who can and cannot be present in their online lessons.