SOLVED

Both incoming and outgoing video freezing on Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I'm having a very peculiar issue. On the Teams app for Windows, a short while into a call, all video will freeze, both incoming video but also, according to my correspondents, my video feed freezes for them.

I've un-installed, downloaded a fresh install file, and re-installed Teams, and it still does this. Also, it doesn't happen when I use the browser version, just the app. 

Has anybody encountered this? What can be done?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
I'm having some issues for the last few weeks in Teams Meetings. I think some of the recent updates are penalizing the performance of PCs/Laptops being used with Teams
best response confirmed by PeterO_82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Are you using a Lenovo laptop?
We have encountered with the same issue in most of the computers in our organisation with Lenovo laptop.
It was found because of a latest Integrated camera driver released on April 7th caused the issue. It was updated through Lenovo System Update.
What we did is, rolled back the Camera driver to the previous version and removed system update.

@Nanduditto Yes, not a laptop but a Lenovo device. Thank you! The bug went away by itself after a week or two, but it's good to know there are options... if it happens again!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PeterO_82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Are you using a Lenovo laptop?
We have encountered with the same issue in most of the computers in our organisation with Lenovo laptop.
It was found because of a latest Integrated camera driver released on April 7th caused the issue. It was updated through Lenovo System Update.
What we did is, rolled back the Camera driver to the previous version and removed system update.

View solution in original post