SOLVED

Blurry Microsoft Teams Photo Icon

Copper Contributor

I am running into an issue where my profile picture in Teams looks good when I am in a call but everywhere else in the desktop application the picture is blurry (i.e. - chat windows, when you hover over the picture in a meeting, etc.)

I have tried resizing the photo 10+ times... 100 x 100, 200 x 200, 300 x 300, etc., etc.

I know there is an issue because I can see other members of the organization who have a clear photo in all Teams formats - meetings, chat, hover.

Suggestions? Fixes?

9 Replies

Hi @mwilliams7581   Could be that the resolution of your photo is too high.  Have you tried a lower res version?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@adam deltinger what are the best pixel sizes please? that link says it's archived, but when i search for it, it brings me back to this post.

It is possible the resolution of that professional pic it too high to be used as a profile pic . Try uploading that copy as your profile pic and see if it is clearer .
Regards,
Rachel Gomez

I've also had this problem, and find that .png images display sharper than jpgs. In my experience, anyway!

@A10tive1, thank you! I tried this as well and it did not work. I also fussed around with the resolution mentioned in the comment before yours with no luck. 

@mwilliams7581 Hi, I was having this same issue from a simple pic taken on my iPhone 14. I found that editing the picture and adding filters while still keeping the picture looking natural as if maybe no filters helped keep the picture a little crisp. I used Picsart and had to add about three different filters (you can adjust them) to essentially lower the quality of the picture, but not look like I lowered it. I think if I add one or two more filters would make the picture on Teams look crisper.

Edit: Emphasis on "crisper" in terms of the picture is wayyyy less blurry on Teams.

Blurry Microsoft Teams photo icons could result from low image resolution or file compression, affecting clarity. Ensure using high-resolution images and avoid heavy compression for clear icons. Adjusting settings or uploading a sharper image may resolve the blurriness.

To rectify a blurry Microsoft Teams photo icon, employ Remini Pro, a powerful image enhancement tool. Enhance resolution and clarity effortlessly for crisp, professional-looking icons. Optimize settings to ensure high-quality display within Microsoft Teams.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)