* Bluetooth audio out stops for bluetooth speakers after about 30-50 mins on Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

I have Logitech Z407 bluetooth speakers and they work well in other applications that I've used for prolonged amounts of time (Spotify, Sonos, Youtube on a variety of browsers). But after about 35-45 minutes the audio cuts out and just stops during meetings.

I have a Macbook Pro, 16" 2019 and it's up-to-date with the OS; I have also used the same speakers using a Windows laptop, HP Envy, with windows up-to-date as well and experienced the same behavior too (bluetooth audio cuts out and stops after prolonged time during meetings as well).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to update or fix this issue? I have yet to see any updates offered for Logitech drivers on my Mac but am kind of doubtful it will do much since I've experienced the same behavior on a Windows laptop as well.

5 Replies

@streetlit - did you ever get a solution to this?  I just recently bought Z407's and am having the exact same issue with Teams (on a PC - haven't tried with my Mac yet).  Speakers connect for hours without issue for Spotify on my PC and great for as you say the first 30 or mins of a Teams call but then shut off.  Clicking the wheel then to try to "wake them up", Teams makes the noise like it trying to call someone else and won't stop until I fully shutdown my PC - even closing Teams doesn't help!  Super frustrating for a pair of expensive speakers, but seems to be a Teams issue (not the speakers)

@ka_nv No, I never got anything beyond the lazy suggestions of "make sure teams is updated" or "make sure logitech software is updated (there is none for this speaker system)" or "reconnect the bluetooth speakers" or "restart teams/your pc" I ultimate just moved them over to use for my gaming PC instead  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@streetlit - Super frustrating!!  But greatly appreciate your follow up :)  Will continue searching...crazy in todays WFH world that this issue would remain :(  

@Pernille-Eskebo - any ideas/solutions???

I have the exact same issue with the exact same speakers although i read that others have similiar issue with other bluetooth speakers! If anyone finds an answer please let me know! @ka_nv 

Hello@streetlit,

here is Ahmed, a community visitor ;)

Let me try to help you :)

Step 2: Check the Audio Settings in Microsoft Teams

Make sure the Bluetooth speaker is set as the main audio device in Microsoft Teams after it has been successfully linked and connected to your laptop. How to do it is as follows:  

• Open Microsoft Teams and click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the window.
  • Select "Settings" from the menu.
  • Click on "Devices" in the left-hand menu.
  • Under the "Audio devices" section, select the Bluetooth speaker from the dropdown menu.
If the speaker is not listed in the dropdown menu, make sure it's properly paired and connected to your laptop (as described in Step 1).  

image.png

-Resource: 5 Steps to Solve Bluetooth Speaker Issues in Microsoft Teams! – SolYoutionz

Best of the best :)

Ahme:D