Better Wiki app for MS Teams?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We have a subscription to Office 365. I looked at the Wiki which comes with MS Teams and it's very basic. I can't even add a new page, or edit a link to an external website.

Is there another app available to integrate with MS Teams that is a robust information manager? We're going to start out with 20 pages or so, and be adding more over the years so it needs to have multiple Wiki pages which I can organize in a logical fashion. And I'm not familiar with all the apps that can be integrated with MS Teams.

I guess I should be more specific in what I'm looking for:

1. The ability to create more pages in the wiki to organize topics.
  2. The ability to link to pages inside and outside of the wiki/app.
  3. Including images of screenshots are critical.
  4. Bulleted and numbered lists are important to list the steps to fix things or get things done.
  5. Bold, italic formatting.
  6. Making section headers that are a larger font.
  7. Most of the basic features of MediaWiki.
  8. Ability to comment on a wiki page to suggest changes or ask for clarifications.
  9. Footnotes would be very nice to point people to the original source.

Thank you!

3 Replies

OneNote can cover most if not all of those requests. That's what most of us use in lieu of the Wiki tab which many wish could be turned off :). Flexible, can be used in apps / Teams / web etc. Best of all it's built in to Microsoft 365 / Teams and included in most licenses. 

Hi @chuckmi,

My company IntelliTect, a premier software development and tech consulting firm, developed our knowledge management app because we weren’t satisfied with the MS Teams Wiki. IntelliWiki offers the essential features you’re looking for in a robust information manager! Our application automates a Table of Contents, which will help organize the 20+ pages you mentioned. IntelliWiki integrates directly into MS Teams and is available within the MS Teams store. 

We offer a wide range of wiki, page, and editing features that address the critical needs you expressed:  

1. IntelliWiki allows users to reorder and nest pages using the built-in page menu buttons or by dragging and dropping. 
  2. IntelliWiki enables users to copy a link to a wiki page using the pages sidebar and link to external sources. 
  3. IntelliWiki allows users to upload images using the ‘Upload Image’ button, drag and drop images into the wiki and paste them. 
  4. IntelliWiki allows users to create multilevel lists. 
  5. All basic text editing features are available such as bold, italic, and highlight. 
  6. In addition to section headers following styles and being a larger font, users can anchor to section headings in a document. 
  7. Collaborative editing in real-time with inline comments that can be exported. 

Let me know if this helps at all! I’d love to get you in touch with our developers. 

One of the most important features of a wiki (e.g. Confluence) is the ability to refactor, to move/rename pages, while maintaining the links between them. Otherwise, you just have a virtual file system that holds documents.

It's also helpful to use an arbitrary sub-folder GUI idiom, rather than a rigid/finite structure where tiers are named (as it is in OneNote, where that structure does make some sense for note-taking).

But, I am at the first place I've seen in a couple decades that doesn't have a proper wiki (Confluence, MediaWiki, Twiki, etc) so we do use OneNote. However, the level of integration (via such tooling) is markedly reduced as compared to what I am used to seeing where folks can invest in content that will be part of a "web" of information.