Bad sound in Teams when I am the guest speaker for a Powerpoint presentation

Copper Contributor

Here is my problem: A client sets up a meeting on their Teams platform where I am the guest speaker. I am using a Windows 10 computer with a headset. Sound quality is great when we are chatting ahead of the presentation. But as soon as the organizer mutes and the PowerPoint starts (they are running the slides on their end), audio declines. I hear static/fuzz/white noise in my headset, and the audience has trouble hearing me. I have tried using the mic/speaker on the external webcam, instead of the headset, and it's no better.

This only happens in Teams. Not in Zoom, Webex, Gotowebinar, or any other platform. Can you help?

2 Replies

Hi @Jilrob  I don't have any direct experience with this issue, but I found something on our answers.microsoft.com that may be pertinent.  If this doesn't help, you might want to go to the Answers site and open your own ticket for personalized tech support service.

Teams Audio Issues - Microsoft Community

Hi, @ThereseSolimeno 

Thanks. The solution you pointed me to sounds a little too complicated for my pay grade. I'll wait and see what anyone else comes up with.