SOLVED

bad quality audio

Brass Contributor

When I'm using Microsoft teams for Mac the audio quality is very poor, but not only in teams, everything I listen from the computer is in bad quality, like, if I reproduce a youtube video while in a meeting the sound is cracked and difficult to listen to, is this a Mac problem or a teams problem

41 Replies

@RodrigoZ930 

The solution to my problem was that I needed to change my mic input to other that's not the headphones I was using.

So basically I change my mic input from my headphones to the pc mic and the quality came back

So I might have figured out a fix for this on Mac OS? I am currently running MS Teams 1.3.00.30874. I am on Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). I had the same issue as everyone else. Running music, and getting distorted as soon as joining a Teams call. I turned off GPU hardware acceleration and Disable animations, and so far, it has been working for me. Lmk if this works for anyone else :). 

10 Minutes of google translate and messing with my settings and it worked. Thank you. @Micha1121 

@GreenC1008  I've tested in this way , but the problem is still present on audio calls . I have bad quality audio and echo during calls. 

@adam deltinger  is not a isolated  problem. Many people had this issue with calls on Microsoft  Teams . I have bad quality audio and echo noice every time I use calls on Microsoft Teams. 

It is quite possible that you are running more than one instance of Teams, which does appear to make the sound abysmal. Even closing the programme from the front screen and the taskbar won’t necessarily close it. Use Task Manager every tine.

@Micha1121 

I dont have such an option with win 10 version 1909 build 18363 1440

PS:

BIL GATES, PLEASE GO BACK TO MICROSOFT AND START FIXING SOFTWARE ISSUES RATHER THAN HEALTCARE ONES, YOU ARE GOOD AT MICROSOFT, NOT MICROVIRUS :)))

Dear Simovdabvbg,

I updated my Windows 10 for you and I now have the newest Version available to me (Version 20H2 OS build 19042.867). They changed the settings and I had the problem again, but i was able to fix it:

Go to: Settings - System - Sound - Device properties (from Output) - Additional device properties (located on the right side). Then go to Tab "Enhancements" and check the box "Disable all enhancements". The go to Tab "Advanced" and uncheck the box "Give exclusive mode applications priority".

After that restart the application you want to use as a music player (if it is currently running). After that I had no sound issues with my music anymore.

I really hope this will work for you as well. Please let me know.

Best regards,
Micha

@Micha1121 

I'm currently using teams via a Virtual Machine and I don't have the option to  go to Tab "Enhancements" and check the box "Disable all enhancements". The go to Tab "Advanced" and uncheck the box "Give exclusive mode applications priority".

I've tested many times my headphones and there is no problem with them.

image.pngimage.png

This is the fix to it! thanks so much, now I have to fix this issue for an emulation program i'm running.
Fixed it for me. Thank you!
Issue for me as well running on PC and also if I get a Teams call on through the phone app while its connected Bluetooth to my car, my music afterward sounds horrible until I reboot my phone. VERY frustrating.
I was faced audio issue in Microsoft team so I upgraded my software to windows 10 issue resolved temporarily , again I am facing audio issue. No issue in zoom meeting.

This does occur also with Windows 10. This issue is due to the headphone mic. When listening other applications (Spotify, etc.), the microphone is disabled. When turning on Teams, the Bluetooth microphone mic is switched on and the distortion in the sound appears.
As soon as the headphone withouth microphone is selected, the correct sound is restored. I've got this problem with a pair of Philips SHB3075 headphones.

danielparra_0-1629106338485.png

some of these conference call softwares leave the mic open even when you are not in a call. If the audio quality is bad, click in the microphone icon in the system tray and turn off access to the microphone. most of the time you can imediatelly reenable it and the quality will stay good.

@eriqjaffe 

I know its 2022, but is there another way to fix this problem? 

The audio enhancement box isnt helping

@Nemo_Smith 

You can go to Settings > Devices. Enable High Fidelity-musicmode. That works here, I also disabled Noise suppression, but not sure if that's part of the solution.

In Windows 7 everything works fine. Bluetooth and mic are working in high quality together. Microsoft fok this up as always

Came here for with the exact same issue. Seems like there is a vote going on related to this topic. 

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/6e1bb4b1-9b53-ec11-a819-0022484f395d

I have had audio deteriorate during longs Teams meetings. I can hear but people can not hear me. Only when using Mac. And yes only a Teams issue, not other Apps Never happens on Zoom. An old MS Surface worked just fine. Talk all day on teams. So it is a Teams on Mac issue.