SOLVED

Background Video Image

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I saw the announcement some months ago that you can set a background image on your video feed, but I cannot find the details anywhere, all I can do is blur my background.  Does anyone know when this feature will be released?

Thanks,

Matt

13 Replies
best response confirmed by MatthewNormanRedburn (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi!
This is an upcoming feature! There’s afaik no exact ETA but hopefully at the end of the year!
Maybe there will be some news about it at ongoing MS Inspire

Adam

Adam

@adam deltinger Ok great, thanks! I could not see any release date or roadmap reference to it.

It is released in earlier rings for Teams so Microsoft employees and some TAP users have this feature, so it could be released soon but I also heard that it won't be released until late this year (maybe during Ignite)....

I can think of many other features that should have a higher priority

@Dean Gross So can I, but priorities was not my question.

Any updates on the release of this feature?

@Faiza Qadri it has been available for many months

Not on my instance...

@MatthewNormanRedburn 

I only have the blur option. Is there a way to get it?

@Dean Gross Only have the blur option would love to try it out

This feature is not yet released to more than early release and TAP rings
Any updates on release date?

The feature has been started to roll out to tenants as of last week. Instead of only the blur option, you can now choose predefined backgrounds. An option to upload own custom backgrounds is not yet possible from the user interface, but there is a trick to add them already now: https://youtu.be/INNCZEDtpts 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MatthewNormanRedburn (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi!
This is an upcoming feature! There’s afaik no exact ETA but hopefully at the end of the year!
Maybe there will be some news about it at ongoing MS Inspire

Adam

Adam

View solution in original post