Automating server usage notification using teams

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

We have a team of 10+ people and we use many servers(5+) for different testing purposes and workflow. Right now, each person has to notify everyone in the teams chat that he/she is using the server and hence, no one should access that server. Sometimes people miss these chats and end up booting the server and so on. 

I am trying to see if there are any plugins or anything available on Teams where we could add the servers we have and be able to see different information such as who is using the server live at that time, are any servers free, when was it last used and so on. Please provide some insights! I really appreciate your time!

2 Replies

@Bishu565 Not sure what to suggest here as it's out of my knowledge, but perhaps have a look at the built-in Lists templates in Teams to have the work sorted at least.

ChristianJBergstrom_0-1654008812103.png

And perhaps something using PowerBI or Power Automate (Flow) Browse Templates | Microsoft Power Automate for the notifications.

Hi Christian, Thank you for your response! Power Automate was something I did look at but had a very time figuring out this issue since it requires me to create connectors on my own. The existing templates did not support what I was trying to support but will definitely explore this route more. Thank you again!