SOLVED

Auto Divert of Incoming Calls to Voicemail When In a Teams Meeting

Copper Contributor

I am running a POC on Teams telephony and one of the areas I am struggling with is that if I don't answer an incoming call when I am showing as available it diverts to voicemail after 10 seconds.  However, if I am on another call or in a meeting it gives the incoming call a busy signal.  Is there a way to send these calls to voicemail also?

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Steven,

the can be done in the calling policy. This is a very new option and probably not available in Teams admin center. Via powershell this would be:

-BusyOnBusyEnabledType
Setting this parameter lets you configure how incoming calls are handled when a user is already in a call or conference or has a call placed on hold. Valid options are: Enabled, Unanswered, Disabled. When set to Enabled, new or incoming calls will be rejected with a busy signal. When set to Unanswered, the user's unanswered settings will take effect, such as routing to voicemail or forwarding to another user. Note: UserOverride option value is not available for use currently, if set it will be read as setting value to Disabled.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csteamscallingpolicy?view=skype-ps

Regards,

Paul
Thanks Paul, much appreciated.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Steven,

the can be done in the calling policy. This is a very new option and probably not available in Teams admin center. Via powershell this would be:

-BusyOnBusyEnabledType
Setting this parameter lets you configure how incoming calls are handled when a user is already in a call or conference or has a call placed on hold. Valid options are: Enabled, Unanswered, Disabled. When set to Enabled, new or incoming calls will be rejected with a busy signal. When set to Unanswered, the user's unanswered settings will take effect, such as routing to voicemail or forwarding to another user. Note: UserOverride option value is not available for use currently, if set it will be read as setting value to Disabled.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csteamscallingpolicy?view=skype-ps

Regards,

Paul

View solution in original post