Auto Attendant to answer main incoming number - the number was ported

Brass Contributor

I am struggling to have my auto attendant assigned to my incoming phone number.  The incoming number I want answered was ported in.

I have set up the resource accounts as directed.  However, I can not assign a service number to it.  I have assigned a Phone System - Virtual User to the resource account.  I receive the error message - To see a service number listed here, buy a Phone System or get a Phone System Virtual User license.  See attachment.

Also, I have attached a screenshot of the user account with the virtual license.

My client has purchased M365 Business Voice and has licenses of O365 - E3.

All help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

3 Replies

Hi,

Make sure that you also assigned a country to the resource account user in Office 365 admin portal. And also make sure that you wait at least 24 hours, sometimes more, if you haven't done that yet.

@Linus Cansby - Linus, thank you for responding.  Yes, I had selected United States under the Select Location section of the user account.  

@Linus Cansby So, it appears that you have to contact the PTSN group to have the number changed from a User number to a Service number.  However, this process could take weeks.  

I have not found an easier way to do this at this point in time.