SOLVED

AUKEY-Webcam does not work in MS Teams on MacOS anymore

Copper Contributor

Hi all!

Since today (without any changes to the system I know of) the webcam on my Mac does not work in Teams anymore. Teams can "see" the webcam (in settings -> devices) but it only shows a black screen in video calls. I use a M1 Mac Mini with the latest OS-softwareupdates. (checked today)

I tried the following diagnostic steps:

1. check if Teams is allowed to use the camera (in Systemsettings). It is.
  2. check with other devices and operating systems (Win10, Linux on my Laptop) if the webcam is broken. It works there flawlessly.
  3. uninstall and reinstall the Teams-App on the Mac. The problem persists.
  4. try out other apps on the Mac (Zoom, Facetime). The camera works there.
  5. try out the Teams Webclient in Safari. The camera works there.

This leads me to the conclusion that the MS-Teams Mac-App somehow stopped liking my webcam over the weekend - and I don´t know how to fix it. Does anybody have a comparable problem or even a solution?

Kind regards and thanks :)

Hauke

12 Replies

Hello @haukew 

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are focused on tech support:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create

Additional tech support is available at support.microsoft.com or Answers.microsoft.com, where authorized Microsoft agents are available to trouble an issue until it’s resolved.

@haukew same problem for me ! Do you find solutions ?

No...at the moment I use an old Webcam (480p) for Teams...until MS fixes the Bug I suppose... :\

@haukew/ Hi all,

similar problems here. My Aukey's camera output lags and has weird colours when used with Teams (MacBook Pro M1 14", 2021), completely normal and without any errors with other apps.
Ideas, anyone?
Thanks | Dirk
MS_TEAMS_Bug_Aukey_Camera.jpg

@haukew 

Excactly the same here but on Intel Macbook Pro 2019 with MacOS 12.1

Any news on this?

t.

@tkr99 

Same problem here. Suddenly my Aukey USB cam stopped working in Teams. Works like a charm in all other apps...

(Intel MacBook Pro 13" 2019, MacOS 12.0.1)

No solution in sight?

Best regards,

Christoph

best response confirmed by haukew (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@haukew I am having the same problem and happened upon a workaround.

After launching Teams and entering the meeting, I see a black screen where my camera feed should be (note I also see this in the preview before entering). If I launch FaceTime (possibly any other app that loads the camera), let the camera feed come up there, and then close it, the camera feed in Teams starts to work. Note this has to be done every time I enter a meeting.

Not ideal, but better than not having video or having to keep my laptop open.

I hope MS fixes the underlying issue soon, but hopefully this works for you in the interim and helps you (and any others in this thread) get by.

Thanks @jsisson

that really seems to work!

Doesnt really feel like 2022 but hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Tim

@jsissonGreat!! Works for me! Thank you! :lol:

Same problem here! :(

Thank you! This is working for me as well. Were you able to find a permernat fix?

@niklash1265 my "permanent fix" was to buy a different webcam :). I now use this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K986YLL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I wish I had something better for you.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by haukew (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@haukew I am having the same problem and happened upon a workaround.

After launching Teams and entering the meeting, I see a black screen where my camera feed should be (note I also see this in the preview before entering). If I launch FaceTime (possibly any other app that loads the camera), let the camera feed come up there, and then close it, the camera feed in Teams starts to work. Note this has to be done every time I enter a meeting.

Not ideal, but better than not having video or having to keep my laptop open.

I hope MS fixes the underlying issue soon, but hopefully this works for you in the interim and helps you (and any others in this thread) get by.

View solution in original post