Attendance Report does not appear after meeting

Copper Contributor

In the last two days, I cannot find the attendance report in chat meeting. I also open the scheduled meeting in Calendar but cannot find The attendance tab either. Please help me. Thank you very much.

8 Replies

The available articles on Microsoft's Teams site do not suggest ways to get the attendance report if it doesn't automatically become available. (E.g. Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs etc.)

@Christian_bui I also have the same issue.  We hold rather large meetings (hundreds of people for 30 min calls) and it can take 2-5 days for the attendance rosters and recordings to post.  We hold 3 of the same sessions every other Wednesday.  I checked again this morning and finally I received 2 of the 3 attendance reports from last Wednesday posted.  I'm still waiting on the largest to post.  It's still not there for download.  I don't understand why they take so long to generate and post.  This is a big problem.  I need these attendance reports and videos immediately.  I can't wait a week to get them.

UPDATE: I did find out that our company Teams Admin has the ability to run attendance reports at an Admin level.  So... if you never get them, contact your Admin and they can run them back of house for you.  They don't contain the same information, but it will at least show you who attended the meeting enough to log attendance!  Good luck!

@Christian_bui  I'm also unable to see any tabs, dropdowns to download meeting attendance report, in spite of having confirmed that Meeting Policies/Global (Org-wide default)/General/Engagement Report = Turn on as well as for individual users.

@tarabryant Admittedly, I can, as you pointed out, have admin download these reports but my setting is a school and I need to empower my end users (teachers) to self-manage their attendance.

Any help, Microsoft community? Thanks in advance.

@QuriousDavid Apologize if you already know this but only the meeting organizer will see the Attendance tab and report to download.

@everyone else:  We recently started having issues where only some people are getting the "Attendance report not available or deleted" message. Some meetings are more than 2 months old.  I haven't been able to find a common thread.  Three random people, all having no attendance report showing up.  We can ask an admin but that's contradictory to the policy we put into place that each meeting organizer pulls their own attendance.  It took us months to convince people to get off Zoom and onto Teams.  

Signed, a very frustrated super user.

If anyone still has the issue, I found a workaround, not sure if it works for everyone: in my case there was no report in the browser Teams, nor in the App, and I'm the Admin. But then I checked on my mobile phone and bingo: the reports are shown there.

@Cristiantru how do you get this on the phone? It is making me download yet another app. UGH. I do not want to involve my IT department. They will view it as proof that I am stupid and drag their feet. I am so upset this is ruining my whole weekend. I tested this repeatedly for two months because I had so many problems. (With the sound and screenshare). It was like pulling teeth to get them to enable the attendance. But I tested by logging into my own meeting as a guest. It worked INSTANTLY. 

Now that I need the attendance for 150 people it fails BIG TIME. I do not belive for a minute that it will show up in 3-5 days or ever. I would rather commit Hari Kari than ask the IT department for anything. YES IT IS THAT ODIOUS.

They are the worst. I should not have to ask them, hat in hand, begging like a kindergartener to run my report for me.

@MothraMoon  OK, I just want to follow up on this. I downloaded the app the next day on my phone and I DID eventually get the meeting attendance. Later I checked on the computer and it was there. I don't know if I "triggered" it somehow or what.

I would like to make some suggestions though regarding "guest" access.

1. First of all, why does the attendance roster not show their emails? Try as I might, I cannot get people to effing use their correct names. An email would help with the detective work.

2. I should be able to DM guests in the chat room so I can tell them to do what I ask.

3. Attendees should be allowed to change their name in the meeting.

4. Some people were not able to hear the meeting. I know it was working (that's another long story) because I logged into my own meeting as a guest from a different computer. I suggested they go to the dots menu > settings >device settings but have no idea of that worked.

5. Some people could not log in at all. I believe them because the person showed up in the meeting room for a brief second. They said they tried for a whole hour. When I asked what device they were using they said it was an iPhone.

If they do not need a microsoft account why would it block people using an iPhone?  The thing is, everyone at my institution has a Microsoft account, but I do not require it because I know the attendance would be less than it was if I did. Most people cannot follow instructions and I wanted to make it as easy as possible for them to get into the meeting.

It's frustrating because I will get the blame for it all going wrong.

And why can't we do something to jazz up the waiting room??