Assignments view

Copper Contributor

In Teams, the main Assignment tab is pretty useless as it stands. I want to see my assignments, and I click on it.... but then I have to click each team individually,

No. I want a list of assignments, from whatever team, nicely sorted and presented. I want to be able to flag some as more urgent than others (sometimes an assignment due next week is a weeklong task, sometimes it can be done quickly).

I want a separate list for assignments sent and received.

If I have set a assignment, and the deadline has passed, I want to be able to set my own deadline to review it.

3 Replies
Thank you for the feedback. I will share it with the product owner of assignments.

@jseghersMSFT 

This is especially important for students, who get assignments from multiple places.

For a student perspective, I would have two 'views'.

1) A list view, by due date. Assignments can be flagged - and importantly, they could make their own tasks that go into this list. Yes, filtering this would be reasonable (though filters should reset after a few hours to avoid tasks for students being quietly ignored)

2) A calendar view. Assignments shown on due date. A student could drag the assignment any time between NOW and DUE DATE (with assignments not done being pushed back by the advancing 'now'

The assignments tab, filtered by team, is redundant as it stands - as if I want to see assignments by teams, I can see them in the team!

It really is important, I think, for a student to be able to see all of their assignments in one spot - as things stand, they cannot get an overview