SOLVED

Assigned Phone Number field grayed out (Teams Admin Center)

Copper Contributor

We use Direct Routing.  Being able to assign a phone number directly on the Teams Admin Center web page has never worked for us in the past.  The Assigned Phone Number field was always grayed out (but we COULD assign a Voice Routing Policy with no issues).  BUT...Several weeks ago we noticed the option to assign a phone number was now available to edit (the field was available to type in and we could successfully add a number there).   But as of about a week ago, the option to assign a phone number is grayed out again.  We CAN assign the number in PowerShell like we did in the past, but that's very inconvenient because we have to remote desktop to a Windows Server and then authenticate once again with our Azure admin account when we connect to Teams (Import-Module MicrosoftTeams and then Connect-MicrosoftTeams).  

Is there some reason why this field was available in the Teams Admin Center and then taken away again (not available to edit in the Teams Admin Center)?   Very frustrating.  :(

teams admin center.jpg

6 Replies
I guess I should also ask, is this working for the rest of you??? Are you able to use the Teams Admin Center to assign a phone number in the area I show in the screenshot?

I don't know why this was working and now doesn't work anymore. We've back to assigning numbers via PowerShell.
Is this working for anyone? Assigning a phone number using Teams Admin Center. I need to know if it's just our org or everyone. Thanks

And now, the Edit button is even missing. *sigh*
Can someone please tell me if this works for you, or is it just us???

teams-admin-cntr-edit.jpg

It isn't available to be used anymore on the tenants I have seen either.
It did work for a while, but now it doesn't.
I haven't found a reason it was turned off yet.
Thanks. Glad to know it's not just us. Now the edit button is back, but you can't do anything after clicking it ;) *Sigh*
best response confirmed by MS_Forum_User (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Good grief...and now, today (I even tried earlier), it's working again. *sigh*
Oh well, at least it's working. For how long, I cannot say. I'll use it while I can (until they break it again).
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MS_Forum_User (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Good grief...and now, today (I even tried earlier), it's working again. *sigh*
Oh well, at least it's working. For how long, I cannot say. I'll use it while I can (until they break it again).

View solution in original post