Are there plans to bring all new features to the Linux client?

Copper Contributor

The Linux client hasn't had an update for a while now and is missing many of the features that are in the Windows client.

Currently Linux is at v1.3.00.5153, and Windows is at v1.3.00.8663 (at least on my machine).

It would be great if all clients received updates around the same time.

5 Replies

I believe that is very important, mainly now with 'home office'.

In my company, we are using strongly this tool and I, and many other employees, are using Linux as OS in our machines. A native client make a difference.

Here for an answer...

There is a sign of life! The "teams-insider" Deb package version 1.3.00.14051 appeared yesterday (27th of May):
https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/ms-teams/pool/main/t/teams-insiders/

I believe team-insiders is a kind of beta scheme. However I can't see any of the new features, like blurring the background or rising hands.

I have noticed an improvement though, the previous version wasn't very stable on my Ubuntu 20.04 installation, it was often freezing. That problem seems to have disappeared on the new team-insiders package, it seems more stable.

The linux version is still really far behind in updates compared to it's windows version. I would be great if it could get the same frequency of updates.

I would love to know this as well. I use Teams for work (teacher) and it would be great to have these new features on my Linux machines.